KUN Centre for Equality and Diversity is a non-governmental organization founded in 1991. KUN has two offices located in Steigen and Steinkjer, Norway.
KUN Centre for Equality and Diversity aims to contribute to a society where women and men have equal opportunities to participate in, develop, and shape their own lives. KUN works continuously and systematically to combat discrimination and promote equality.
Their commitment targets equality issues including perspectives on sex, age, sexual orientation, ethnic origin and (dis)ability.
They have extensive experience in conducting research, running workshops, arranging courses, conferences, and study trips on a broad range of topics. The essence of our work is to provide perspectives for change, as well as to bridge the gap between research and practice. We cooperate with government agencies, counties, municipalities and various business associations.
Areas of expertise:
- Equality and anti-discrimination
- Gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Democracy and equality
- Working life and equal opportunities, work-life balance
- Sexual harassment
- Domestic violence, gendered violence
- Social control and hate speech
- Diversity and diversity management
- Social inclusion and integration
- Age, (dis-) ability and discrimination